Drag full email into Access field

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Drag full email into Access field

Post by ErikJan »

(playing with Access again).

I'd like to drag an email from Outlook (2010) into a field in Access (2010). I've seen options where first the email is saved to the HD as MSG and then a link to this file is added to a field but (as always :-)) I want more...
I'd like to drag the email directly into a field (nothing left on the HD, no links to Outlook), the full email should be inside the field as Object (incl. all formatting and all attachments). Basically as if one would add the MSG file into the field.

Is this possible? I looked around and found some code but itall seems to link to files on the HD, and not integrating the emails into the DB itself.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Drag full email into Access field

Post by HansV »

That is not possible, as far as I know. You can save the message to disk, insert the .msg file into your Access table, then delete the file from disk, of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

BenCasey
4StarLounger

Post by BenCasey »

You can get full details with sample programs from here:

https://shop.office-watch.com/awo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These come from the pen of Helen Federma who is a great programmer. You will be able to do anything you want with both import and export of Outlook into Access etc.

HTH
Regards, Ben

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts."
- Richard Feynman

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Thanks, but buying a book for which I don't know for sure if it will answer my one 'nice to have' question is too much at this time. I will keep this in mind however and if I ever decide to 'dig' further into Access I might still purchase this (I'm more of an Excel guy trying to learn and play a bit more with Access now) :-)