Side by Side slide view (PP 2003 SP3)

steveh
SilverLounger

Side by Side slide view (PP 2003 SP3)

Post by steveh »

Good evening all

I know that I am using PowerPoint for a use it was not intended for, that is for producing flow charts and process charts but over the years I have got very adept with it, I have tried Viseo and other recommended freeware programs but (a) cannot readily get on with them, and (b) don't really have enough time to do so.

By tomorrow I need to produce a diagram that is 2 x A3 sheets wide and 2 deep, in itself that is not a problem but what would make it easier is if I could view 2 slides side by side and switch from one to the other si I have a better visual view of what I am doing.

I have Googled and gone into PP help but it just throws up 2 monitors that I do not have the luxury of

Editted: Correct a couple of typos
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Side by Side slide view (PP 2003 SP3)

Post by StuartR »

This will be fairly easy to do if
  • You put the two slides into different presentations
  • Your two monitors have the same logical height and width
Just open the two presentations, stretch the PowerPoint window so it covers both screens, and use Arrange (from the View tab or View menu) to put the two slides side by side.

Edited to add
I just realised that you say you DON'T have two monitors. You can still do the same thing on one monitor, you just need better eyesight.
StuartR

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the quick reply

(a) it is one presentations and I want to view 2 slides side by side on 1 screen, because
(b) I don't have 2 monitors

BTW - What is the significance of the colured lines in your signature or will you have to kill me if you tell me? Also I thought the beard on beard off may have made a re-emergence because its been a while
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Steve,
  1. I realise that it is one presentation, but you could create a second presentation that is identical to the first one. This would enable you to display your two slides side by side.
  2. I realise that you don't have two monitors, but you can still make PowerPoint full screen on your one monitor and arrange the two presentations.
  3. The coloured lines don't look so stupid in Firefox, where there are no gaps between them, in IE they have white space in between. It came from an experiment where I wanted to create a line that would show up on every skin,
  4. I haven't grown my beard for 3 or 4 years now, but I guess I could consider reinstating the old beardon / beardoff avatar
StuartR

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Thanks Stuart

As you can see by the time I did not get back for the solution quick enough :sad: , however said document is done. I
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin