When PowerPoint 2013 launches a blank presentation opens

diana
3StarLounger

When PowerPoint 2013 launches a blank presentation opens

Post by diana »

Correct behaviour:
In PowerPoint 2013 a custom menu is available for the users to select different PowerPoint templates
PowerPoint launches no presentations are created, and the user selects the powerpoint template.

A user has provided me with a powerpoint template. I’ve saved the file as Blank.potx and placed in the template location.
When I open PowerPoint 2013, the result is powerpoint opens, no presentation is open.

The same user has provided me with a Ver 2 of the powerpoint template. Different design. Ive saved the file as Blank.potx and placed in the template location.
Now when I open PowerPoint 2013, the result is powerpoint opens with the Ver2 as a blank presentation.

I was expecting the same behaviour. Do you know why the behaviour is different.

See screen captures

Any ideas.

TIA

--dd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: When PowerPoint 2013 launches a blank presentation opens

Post by Rudi »

Hi Diana,

Your first screenshot illustrates PPT open with no file/template open at all.
Your second screenshot illustrates PPT open with your default (Blank) template.

I'm a bit unsure what you want to have happen as the default behaviour of PPT is to open the template called Blank (if one exists in the Templates folder), which is exactly what is happening for you based on screenshot #2. The first screenshot is just an empty PPT shell without any template open at all. Can you clarify what you are expecting PPT to do for you. TX.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.