A drawing object with no border still leaves trace in print

New Daddy
4StarLounger

A drawing object with no border still leaves trace in print

Post by New Daddy »

A little bit of complicated situation: In order to draw a line between the title and the body text of a slide, I inserted a line in the first slide of the master slide.

It accomplished the objective, except that it will leave the same separation line in the slides that I don't want them -- such as the title slide, section head slide, etc. I got around this by inserting a drawing object with no border and white fill, over the separation line in those types of slides.

Everything seems to work, except that when I print these slides either in B&W or gray scale, the drawing object with no border suddenly presents itself with a black border. (The border only disappears when I print in color.)

Why is this happening, and what's the fix?

HansV
Administrator

Re: A drawing object with no border still leaves trace in pr

Post by HansV »

On the View tab of the ribbon, in the Color/Grayscale group, click Black and White.
Select the object, then select White in the 'Change Selected Object' group, or right-click the object and select Black and White Settings > White from the context menu.

Alternatively, create a master slide with line, and a master slide without line, and choose the appropriate layout for each slide.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I cannot say for sure if this is a correct analogy, but when you switch to gray scale and B&W, the colour palette colours get modified to the closest matching colours for that scale and the line, presenting itself as the new matching colour does not blend anymore onto the background.

The solution though, I am sure of...

For each master slide layout where you do not want the line present in your printout, create a duplicate of that master layout. The original will have the line and the duplicate will not have the line. Then in your existing presentation, in slide view, select the slide which should not have the line and use the Layout button on the Home ribbon to select the duplicate master layout without the line.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Post by New Daddy »

HansV wrote:On the View tab of the ribbon, in the Color/Grayscale group, click Black and White.
Select the object, then select White in the 'Change Selected Object' group, or right-click the object and select Black and White Settings > White from the context menu.
That did the trick! Thanks!!

Personally, I think it's a simpler alternative to maintaining multiple master layouts. Before I know it, master layouts grow in number, and having to deal with one less master layout matters for me.