PowerPoint 2010 and 2013 Save As Function

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

PowerPoint 2010 and 2013 Save As Function

Post by hlewton »

In PowerPoint 2010 I have created a slide presentation with audio and then saved it as a “wmv” files. All is well but after I click the final “Save” button I see the mouse spinning for a short time then it goes away. I have always understood that this was a sign that the operation was complete. However, this does not seem to be the case. If I try to exit PowerPoint it gives me a warning that a file is being exported and if I close PowerPoint that file will be lost, (not exact words but meaning is there.) I left the computer sit for quite a while and then tried again to close and sure enough it closed and the “wmv” file was created. My question is how can I tell when PowerPoint is done creating the file and will allow it to be closed after creating the “wmv” file?

Thanks
Last edited by hlewton on 12 Feb 2016, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: PowerPoint 2010 and 2013 Save As Function

Post by HansV »

There should be a progress bar in the status bar at the bottom of the PowerPoint window. This progress bar will appear after the mouse pointer has stopped spinning.
S0871.png
Creating the video can take anything from a few minutes to many hours, depending on the size of the presentation and the speed of your computer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: PowerPoint 2010 and 2013 Save As Function

Post by hlewton »

Thank you Hans. I did not see that but will experiment again to make sure I know what I'm doing.
Regards,
hlewton