SmartArt scale image

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

SmartArt scale image

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. When using SmartArt for Pictures, the pictures seem to be either stretched of cropped. Is there somewhere to control what it does for each image?

Also, some guy has inverted his SmartArt , how do we then invert the text so that it can be read please? Text Direction doesn't cut it.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: SmartArt scale image

Post by agibsonsw »

I found this link to fix the rotation, I'm not sure what part "Keep text flat" in this? It just seems to say "ignore the 3D rotation".

I think I have a solution to the scaled image in SmartArt as well. I copied an image onto the slide, resized it, then pasted it into the SmartArt shape.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

"Keep text flat" means that 3D rotation will not be applied to the text, only to the shape.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

HansV wrote:"Keep text flat" means that 3D rotation will not be applied to the text, only to the shape.
That's what I assumed ;) and makes sense.

The link I provided was talking about Text Effects (on the Format tab), 3D Rotation, and 3D-Rotation Options, but the same options, including "Keep text flat" appear in the equivalent dialog for Shape Effects. Ticking "Keep text flat" from Text Effects cancels any attempt to rotate the text, Doh!

What it appears that they've done is simply to copy and paste the dialog, cheeky MS. Anyway, this accounts for my confusion.