Power Point Slide Format

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Power Point Slide Format

Post by hlewton »

In making a Power Point PPSX I had to use Image Grab to get some still shots from a video. That worked well but even at Image Grab’s highest setting for capturing the image as a *.jpg the still photo is pretty grainy in comparison to the other photos in the presentation. I was looking for a way to display just those captured images in a smaller format within the Power Point presentation but didn’t find a way to do that. I found how to change all the slides but that isn’t what I would like to do.

During the first attempt at grabbing the images the size of the captured images was 24 – 42 KB and after setting the option as high as I could for capturing the image the size came out 139 – 166 KB. But these are still much less resolution than the other photos in the presentation which range from 420 – 850 KB. If I just preview the captured images with Windows Photo Viewer they look great but in the PP presentation those same photos are very grainy because they are displayed much larger than in the viewer.

So is there a way to make only selected slides show in a smaller format while keeping the rest of the presentation looking normal?

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Power Point Slide Format

Post by Rudi »

Maybe you can try this...

If you say that the images look fine in Windows Photo Viewer, you could try to make a screen grab of the image as displayed in Windows Photo Viewer and save it as jpg or png. Then place this screen grab into your presentation using Insert > Picture.

If this does not work satisfactorily, and if its possible, try adding some special effects to the images with the artistic effects...in the attempt to mask the graininess or even emphasis it as an effect...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Rudi wrote:Maybe you can try this...

If you say that the images look fine in Windows Photo Viewer, you could try to make a screen grab of the image as displayed in Windows Photo Viewer and save it as jpg or png. Then place this screen grab into your presentation using Insert > Picture.

If this does not work satisfactorily, and if its possible, try adding some special effects to the images with the artistic effects...in the attempt to mask the graininess or even emphasis it as an effect...
Thanks. I am assuming you are talking about an option inside Image Grabber so I'll have to open it again and look for that option. However, I didn't see that when I was using it but I'll try again.
Regards,
hlewton

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Nope...
I refer to s standard screen capturer app like the Windows Snipping Tool, or PicPick or ScreenPresso, etc.
Once the image you grabbed is being viewed in Windows Image Viewr, just make a screen capture of it using one of the above. (The Snipping tool is a default app available in Windows if you do not have any other third party screen capturer installed).

Another thing you can try (assuming the video is fairly decent quality) is to do a screen capture whilst the video is paused (in full screen or at least in an enlarged window). It might come out better than the screen grabber built into the video editor you used.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I don't have any of the applications you mentioned that I know of but will look for them after trying the screen capture method you mentioned. Thanks for the help.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Snipping Tool is built into Windows. In Windows 7, it can be found in Start > All Programs > Accessories.

Or simply press the PrintScreen or PrtScn key on the keyboard, then start Paint and paste the image. Select and copy the part you want, then paste into a slide.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Snipping Tool is built into Windows. In Windows 7, it can be found in Start > All Programs > Accessories.

Or simply press the PrintScreen or PrtScn key on the keyboard, then start Paint and paste the image. Select and copy the part you want, then paste into a slide.
Thanks Hans that is what I did but I never knew it had a name like Snipping Tools. After I did that the photos did come out slightly better. Even though the video they came from looks great to me as it is playing I am going to have to see if I can adjust the resolution or whatever it is called as the camera is recording for future use of this tool. Not sure the camera has that adjustment but I'm going to check the manual to see.
Regards,
hlewton