Keyboard shortcut to switch view?

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Keyboard shortcut to switch view?

Post by New Daddy »

Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch views in Powerpoint? (a la Word's Ctrl+Alt+O for outline, Ctrl+Alt+I for print preview, etc.)
Overall, I'm a little disappointed at the paucity of good built-in keyboard shortcuts in Powerpoint. There is so much room for improvement in that department.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Keyboard shortcut to switch view?

Post by HansV »

Alt+W activates the View tab of the ribbon. You can then use one of the letters shown below to switch views:
S0061.png
Also: you can add buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), for example for various views. Alt+1 is a shortcut for the 1st button on the QAT, Alt+2 for the 2nd button, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Post by New Daddy »

HansV wrote:Alt+W activates the View tab of the ribbon. You can then use one of the letters shown below to switch views:
S0061.png
Also: you can add buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), for example for various views. Alt+1 is a shortcut for the 1st button on the QAT, Alt+2 for the 2nd button, etc.
Does Powerpoint allow customization in keyboard shortcuts?
I wonder if I can write a macro to switch view and assign a hot-key to the macro. I'd like a real "hot-key" rather than a series of key strokes.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There's a Shortcut Manager for PowerPoint. It's not free, but you can try it for 30 days.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Alternative:

CTRL+SHFT+TAB - Switch between Slide View (Normal) and Outline View
F5 - Switch to Slide Show Mode
ALT+F5 - Presenter Mode

You can also quickly access all PowerPoint views with the old accelerator keyboard sequences:
Normal View: Alt+V > N
Slide Sorter View: Alt+V > D
Slide Show View: Alt+V > W (also F5)
Notes Page View: Alt+V > P

To access the Master Slide, hold CTRL+click the Normal View Button on the Status Bar
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.