PowerPoint in Windows 7

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

PowerPoint in Windows 7

Post by Dave Davison »

Just thought I was beginning to warm to W7 till I endeavoured to create a P.P. and discover that - like a lot more features that were at your finger tips in XP- the tab for "Animating schemes" has either been discarded or burried in a maze of tabs. As the message in the screenshot shows, one is told to go searching on the net for the answer. To spare me the hassle of searching can anyone tell me where the numerous animation options are that that were in XP? Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: PowerPoint in Windows 7

Post by DaveA »

This is a PowerPoint issue NOT a Windows 7 issue.

What version of PowerPoint were you using on your Windows XP?
It appears that you were using 2003 or before.

You need to get yourself a book on PowerPoint 2010 learn about the newer versions.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave Davison, this has nothing to do with Windows 7, but with the switch from PowerPoint 2003 to PowerPoint 2007.

See for example PowerPoint 2007 - Animating Text and Images for a tutorial on animating slides.

The animation schemes from PowerPoint 2003 and the "Apply to all slides" button are not available in PowerPoint 2007. You can apply custom animation to the Slide Master; it should then apply to all slides.

As far as I know, the "Big title" option is not available any more. Microsoft has the deplorable habit of changing the transition and animation options in each new version of PowerPoint.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have moved a reply by Dave Davison in which he posted a Windows question to a new thread: Transfer files from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have moved another reply by Dave Davison to the above thread.
Best wishes,
Hans