Slide size discrepancy?

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Slide size discrepancy?

Post by ErikJan »

When I select a slide to be like e.g. an A3 page (297 x 420mm), the width and height settings associated with that are (very) different (266.7 x 355.6mm). What am I missing???
2014-05-16 11_17_03-Page Setup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Slide size discrepancy?

Post by HansV »

The difference is caused by the page margins.
Best wishes,
Hans

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

So if I want to create a poster on A0... How would I do that if all I have is a custom size?? In width and height I can define the 'printed' area but where do I set the paper size then?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Set the Width and Height to the values you want, and set the page size in the printer properties from File > Print.
Best wishes,
Hans

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

I hear you but it's still not logical to me... In the dropdown I have "A3" paper (so it seems it's set there). As soon as I change the Width or Height, the drop down changes to custom... So this is the only place where I can change the margins then (and I don't set the margin but I set the text space)???
Then, in printer properties, I cannot set A0 unless I have an A0 printer loaded. What if I want to make an A0 poster in my office and want to print that in the repro-office (where they DO have big printers)??? I could choose a PDF printer maybe then?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Unlike Word and Excel, PowerPoint does not let you set page margins directly.
You should set the printer properties on the computer where you want to print the slides, i.e. in the repro office.
Best wishes,
Hans

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

HansV wrote:You should set the printer properties on the computer where you want to print the slides, i.e. in the repro office.
I understand, but that's not really possible (Many people in a dept. work on different posters. Once these are ready, we'll email them to the repro)...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Paper sizes are linked to specific printers. Can you install the driver for the A0 printer (even though it's not physically connected)?
Best wishes,
Hans