Slide Masters (2003 SP3)

steveh
SilverLounger

Slide Masters (2003 SP3)

Post by steveh »

Hi all

I have a presentation with 100 slides and I have slide master 1 and slide master 2 and I would now like to apply slide master 2 to about 30 of the pages retrospectively but to also retain the content on those pages as they have numerous hyperlinks already in them. Is there any way of doing this?

TIA
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Slide Masters (2003 SP3)

Post by Rudi »

Applying different Master Slides

When a presentation contains multiple master slides you can select which master slide to use by using the Slide Design task pane.
Select (Format > Slide Design) to display the Slide Design task pane.
This task pane will display a list of all the master slides contained in the active presentation.
Always use the drop-down arrow next to the slide layout (as opposed just clicking on the slide layout) to change the layout.

Note:
Displaying the Slide Design task pane and clicking directly onto a slide layout does not always have the same effect.
If you have more than one slide selected, the slide layout is only applied to the selected slides.
If you only have one slide selected, the slide layout is applied to the whole presentation.
If you accidentally apply incorrect slide masters to any of your slides you can always use the (Edit > Undo) to restore your presentation to its original layout

For a good tutorial and step-by-step of this process see: EchosVoice - Multiple Masters
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Rudi wrote:Applying different Master Slides

When a presentation contains multiple master slides you can select which master slide to use by using the Slide Design task pane.
Select (Format > Slide Design) to display the Slide Design task pane.
This task pane will display a list of all the master slides contained in the active presentation.
Always use the drop-down arrow next to the slide layout (as opposed just clicking on the slide layout) to change the layout.

Note:
Displaying the Slide Design task pane and clicking directly onto a slide layout does not always have the same effect.
If you have more than one slide selected, the slide layout is only applied to the selected slides.
If you only have one slide selected, the slide layout is applied to the whole presentation.
If you accidentally apply incorrect slide masters to any of your slides you can always use the (Edit > Undo) to restore your presentation to its original layout

For a good tutorial and step-by-step of this process see: EchosVoice - Multiple Masters
Cheers Rudi

I have worked in PowerPoint a lot over the years but never had a need to change the slide master, that worked like a charm :clapping:
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I remember one particular case I was supporting where a person set up a presentation for a clothing outlet. She wanted to show the winter clothes on a slide design that was blue with a winter background image, and for the summer clothes a bright slide with a summer background image. Needless to say, the value of multiple slide master designs and the ability to hook up specific slides with specific masters was a great benefit...

Cheers :smile:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.