Numbering slide 3 as slide 1

Steph
NewLounger

Numbering slide 3 as slide 1

Post by Steph »

Hello team.... I'm in PowerPoint 2010 and I have a presentation that is numbered, however the first two slides do not require a number so numbering will begin at page 3 (starting from 1 onwards) I want it to number automatically from this point and when I insert new slides the numbers automatically update etc. I can't get it to do it. It always re-numbers from the beginning. Is it possible to do this without adding a macro or moving slides 1,2 to the end and customising the slideshow? Thank you Stephanie

HansV
Administrator

Re: Numbering slide 3 as slide 1

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

As far as I know, the trick of moving the first two slides to the end of the presentation, remove their page numbers, and creating a custom slideshow that starts with the last two slides, then moves to the beginning is the only way to do this (see Slide Numbers: Make Slide #1 Start on the Third, Fourth, or Another Slide).

To make PowerPoint display slide number 1 on the third slide would require that the slide numbers start at -1 on the first slide and that is not possible.
Best wishes,
Hans

Steph
NewLounger

Re: Numbering slide 3 as slide 1

Post by Steph »

Thanks Hans.... just checking I was not missing something, appreciate the fast response