PowerPoint themes

Robie
5StarLounger

PowerPoint themes

Post by Robie »

Hi

We have a PP template that can have 6 'themes' (I use this word loosly). There are *only* 3 things different for each theme are:
  • front cover colour
    colour underneath slide numbers (small triangle underneath the slide numbers)
    colour of the bullets

I created 6 .theme files for each colour but it also stores infomation about the position of the textboxes, etc. I *don't* want it to change the position of the textboxes if people have moved them in their presentation.
I only want each theme to change the three things I mentioned above and leave everything else alone. Is this possible?

Any help highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Robie

HansV
Administrator

Re: PowerPoint themes

Post by HansV »

You can create custom theme colour sets. They will be saved as .xml files

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors

or

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors

depending on your version of Windows. You could distribute these custom theme colour sets to all users. They can then apply a colour scheme instead of applying an entire theme.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Re: PowerPoint themes

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:You can create custom theme colour sets. They will be saved as .xml files

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors

or

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors

depending on your version of Windows. You could distribute these custom theme colour sets to all users. They can then apply a colour scheme instead of applying an entire theme.
Thank you Hans.
Excellent idea. :clapping: