Adding tab(macros) to a presentation

Robie
5StarLounger

Adding tab(macros) to a presentation

Post by Robie »

Hi

I have a PowerPoint template that has to have a company tab with access to a macro. I followed the instruction and used Custom UI Editor to create a tab and add a macro to it. I then saved that .potm file as .ppa (to be loaded for access to macro).
Now, when open the template (.dotm), the macro and the tab are available for action. Also, I can call the macro by clickin the icon.

when I create a new document based on this template (this has the tab already). I then load the .ppa file. But, I can't run the macro - it comes back with 'your macro has been disabled because of your security settings'.
30.png
Any help on this?
Thanks.
Robie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Adding tab(macros) to a presentation

Post by HansV »

Have you added the folder where your .ppa is stored to the Trusted Locations for PowerPoint?
By the way, why did you save it as a PowerPoint 97-2003 add-in (.ppa) and not as a PowerPoint 2007-2010 add-in (.ppam)?
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Re: Adding tab(macros) to a presentation

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:Have you added the folder where your .ppa is stored to the Trusted Locations for PowerPoint?
By the way, why did you save it as a PowerPoint 97-2003 add-in (.ppa) and not as a PowerPoint 2007-2010 add-in (.ppam)?
Thanks Hans.

It is in the startup folder and as part of te Trusted locations.
Save as .ppa - force of habit really. We have just moved over from 2003 to 2010. Now, saved as ppam (Thanks for that tip).

Got it working now - not sure how but it seems to work fine.
Thank you once again Hans.