Cell Text Limits??

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

Cell Text Limits??

Post by DaveInPitt »

Hello Good People! - I have a cell that is formatted for Text. However, not all text will Print. If you double click in the cell, then all the data appears. After you click out of the cell only a portion appears. I have merged multiple cells; reduced font sizes; and verified or changed all settings located in Format Cells. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can print all the data? The screen shot below shows you what I see. Again, if I double click in the cell, then all of the data appears, but it does not print. Thank you for any and all suggestions or comments! :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA

HansV
Administrator

Re: Cell Text Limits??

Post by HansV »

Which version of Excel? In Excel 2003 and before, the maximum number of characters in a cell (as displayed in the formula bar) is 32,767 characters, but only 1,024 characters are displayed in the cell and printed. The latter limitation has been lifted in Excel 2007 and later.

If you're using Excel 2003 or earlier, you might try a text box instead of a cell.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

Re: Cell Text Limits??

Post by DaveInPitt »

Hans - you are right on the mark. My cell contains 3,100 characters (w\spaces). I'll try creating the text box as a work around. Thanks for your prompt reply. Oh, I'm using Excel 2003. :fanfare:
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA