Stacked Bar in conditional formating

cecil
StarLounger

Stacked Bar in conditional formating

Post by cecil »

I want to visually show what percent an item utilizes.

Example The western division sells 2 widges, 5 gadgets and 3 dohickeys. I want a single bar with 20% of the bar red, 50% yellow and 30% green. For years Excel has had a chart feature to do this - the stacked bar and stacked column. I would like to do this using conditional formating. Is it posible?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Stacked Bar in conditional formating

Post by HansV »

As far as I know, that is not possible with conditional formatting.
Best wishes,
Hans

sdckapr
3StarLounger

Post by sdckapr »

Why does it have to be conditional formatting? Why not a modified bar chart put into a cell...

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cecil
StarLounger

Post by cecil »

sdckapr wrote:Why does it have to be conditional formatting? Why not a modified bar chart put into a cell...

Steve
Excel 2007 has the data bars and color scales available for conditional formatting. It would be great, for an application I have, if I could do the stacked bar right in the cell. As one continues to add data down the sheet, Excel automatically copies the formatting from above. This would be the cat's meow for a current need I have.

Yes there are other ways.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Excel 2010 has an improved version of in-cell charts: sparklines. But they don't include stacked bars, I think they're contrary to the idea of conditional formatting.

(If you search Google, you'll find clever examples of faking stacked bars with sparklines, but they require a lot of manual fiddling to get it right. The procedure doesn't lend itself to automatically filling down.)
Best wishes,
Hans