Removal of Add in from tool ribbon

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Removal of Add in from tool ribbon

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I’m using Office 2007. My problem is earlier I opened an old workbook that has an Add in attached, I needed a sheet from that workbook so I right clicked on sheet name on botton and selected copy, I then selected to add to a new workbook, that all went great no problem, the problem seems to be that now when ever I open any excel workbook I still have this Add in on my ribbon, with all of the control. I wish to remove, I believe I tried everything but of course the right thing, any thought how I might do this.
I diabled all of the Add ins from my excel options (actually known were active)

HansV
Administrator

Re: Removal of Add in from tool ribbon

Post by HansV »

Do you mean a custom toolbar that appears in the Add-Ins tab of the ribbon?
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Hi HansV
Yes that is correct
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mbarron
2StarLounger

Post by mbarron »

The Add-Ins tab is misnamed in my opinion. It appears when a workbook is opened that has custom menus attached. (CommandBars). The menus probably did not have a delete routinein the Workbook_Close event. Right click on the Menu items in the Menu Commands group on the Add-Ins tab and choose Delete Custom Command

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Hi mbarron
I was unable to find the option you mentioned, but I was able to find that Add-ins of type Document Inspector are enabled using a different method. These add-ins are automatically enabled when you inspect the document for hidden metadata or personal information. To inspect your document, click the Microsoft Office Button, click Prepare, and then click Inspect Document.
This seemed to remove Add-ins tool bar from ribbon, Is there a way to eliminate this custom Add-in from returning , I’m not sure where to look for it. I already searched through my Office Files

mbarron
2StarLounger

Post by mbarron »

While on the Add-In tab did you have a group called either Menu Commands or Custom Toolbars?

If you have the Menu Commands group, you would right click on the menu name(s) and then choose the Delete Custom Command option.
If you have the Custom Toolbars group, you would right click on one of the toolbar buttons and choose the Delete Custom toolbar option.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I put code like this in the ThisWorkbook module of workbooks that contain or create a custom toolbar:

Code: Select all

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
  On Error Resume Next
  Application.CommandBars("MyToolbar").Delete
End Sub
where MyToolbar is the name of the custom toolbar. The event procedure is run automatically before the workbook is closed, and it will delete the custom toolbar.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

VERY COOL THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH