Financial modelling 2003 or 7

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Financial modelling 2003 or 7

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.

Someone wants to learn financial modelling. This means to me: learning to use all the available Excel features (Formulas, Pivot Tables,
Solver, Goal Seek, etc.) and the VBA to automate these tasks - perhaps with different sets of values retrieved from a worksheet.

Wouldn't it be up to the person to then use these tools to create their model? Maybe someone has a sample file that I could 'borrow' which
demonstrates the principles of a financial model?

Thanks, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Financial modelling 2003 or 7

Post by HansV »

If you search Google or Bing for 'excel financial modeling', you'll find lots of tutorials and examples.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.
I've been googling and think I'll give this a miss. I would need a good grounding in accounting terms and principles, which I don't have,
so it's best that I don't get involved.
Ta, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

agibsonsw wrote:... think I'll give this a miss.
Good decision. :yep: There is no one financial model. I get involved in product specific cost historical analysis and projections (including both volume and unit cost variance), ROI projections, FTE projections, trend analysis, a little bit of NPV and cost of money stuff, some merger and acquisition support, and few of my models are the same.

Your acquaintance should first get some accounting concepts down, including cost accounting basics and allocation concepts.
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens