Bolder cursor in Excel

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Bolder cursor in Excel

Post by hlewton »

I would like to make the Excel cursor, which is the Green box shown inside the red oval, more visible or prominent while using Excel. I searched the WEB and though the steps it listed were not exact, maybe because I am using Windows 11 with Start 10 installed, I found what is shown in the second attachment. I would like to make the cursor either darker green or a thicker line. I made adjustments in the “Text cursor thickness preview” section and don’t see any difference at all. And changing the color only changes the color of the 2 connected dots at the top under “Text cursor indicator preview.” I suspect I am not where I should be to make the green box in the first attachment darker or have thicker lines. Is there a way to do that and if so, how?

Thanks
Excel Cursor.jpg
Accessibility.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Bolder cursor in Excel

Post by HansV »

Your first screenshot shows the border around the selected cell or range, not a cursor, and certainly not a text cursor.
The text cursor is the blinking vertical line that you see when you edit text in Notepad, Word, the Excel formula bar etc.

As far as I know, there is no way to change the selection border.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 18:44
Your first screenshot shows the border around the selected cell or range, not a cursor, and certainly not a text cursor.
The text cursor is the blinking vertical line that you see when you edit text in Notepad, Word, the Excel formula bar etc.

As far as I know, there is no way to change the selection border.
I figured I had something wrong in my terminologies since I could not seem to make any changes. Thank you for that information.
Regards,
hlewton

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

Here is an idea. Change the default gridline color to a pastel color that provide good contrast.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

jolas wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 02:05
Here is an idea. Change the default gridline color to a pastel color that provide good contrast.
OK I'll try to figure out how that is done. sounds like it may do the trick.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

hlewton wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:23
jolas wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 02:05
OK I'll try to figure out how that is done. sounds like it may do the trick.
That helped but it seems that I can only change the gridline color for the worksheets and not make it the default color for Excel. In any case, I appreciate the suggestion, thanks again.
Regards,
hlewton

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

For existing excel files you have to change the grid color manually. Create a colored grid template (.xltx) and use that for new excel spreadsheet.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

jolas wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 13:25
For existing excel files you have to change the grid color manually. Create a colored grid template (.xltx) and use that for new excel spreadsheet.
OK, thank you.
Regards,
hlewton