Best way to check date values in three different sheets

bknight
BronzeLounger

Best way to check date values in three different sheets

Post by bknight »

Guys:
I have a workbook that contains 3 sheets with date over many years. The row count is greater than 4000 in each. I was scrolling through the formulas and notice that the formula on the master calculation points to the wrong previous dates on one or more of them. I suspect that there is a missing date of data somewhere.
What is the best way to review the dates to "find" the missing date? The missing date is on at least one, but could be two but not three because if the date were missing on all three then the formulas on the master calculation sheet would point to the correct previous row(s).
I can't attach it as it is too big and I don't have a cloud save account.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Best way to check date values in three different sheets

Post by HansV »

You'll have to provide more detailed information.
- Which column or columns contain the formulas?
- What do they refer to?
- How can we determine if they point to the "wrong" date? What defines "wrong"?
Best wishes,
Hans

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

Suffice to say the main page has formulas that link to the other pages. By looking at the row reference then one can check the date( all the dates are in column A). There is a an incorrect day referenced.

01/21/21 93.27175231 0.94672608 0.91870896 01/21/2021 1766.86 1586.33678633, the numbers you see are all links to the three pages. I don't know how to paste formulas for these numbers. You would see what I'm referencing, I tried deleting rows to make the workbook small, but all I got were references in cells that contained formulas. The references caused by today's data is multiplied by a constant, then adding yesterday's value, so when you delete any yesterday the formulas all crash. That is the best I am able to describe.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I cannot help you with this little information.
Best wishes,
Hans