Create unique lists

gailb
3StarLounger

Create unique lists

Post by gailb »

In this example, I would like to use VBA to create unique lists based on the user choice.

C1 is the first choice, but this list will already be established, so I'm just looking for D1 and E1.

User selects Texas from C1 and now a list in column H is built to show all the counties with a data validation option in D1.

Now user selects County from D1 and now a list in column I is built to show all the cities with a data validation option in E1.

Of course, now user select Oklahoma and the process rebuilds the lists as data validation.

Is this possible?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Create unique lists

Post by HansV »

I have used the ideas from Add a Third Dependent Drop Down on the second worksheet.

Test.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

gailb
3StarLounger

Post by gailb »

Hi Hans. That could very well be the answer; however, since this is around 7k rows, I'll have to do some more thinking.

In other words, would there an easy way to create the levels. For example, I will have 11 Level 1's, about 118 Level 2's, and then over 400 Level 3's.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sheet3 in the attached version uses ideas from Dependent Drop Downs from Sorted List.

Test.xlsx
Best wishes,
Hans

gailb
3StarLounger

Post by gailb »

Yes Hans. I can work with this idea. Thanks.