Capital dispersion according to days or months or years left

komhs
NewLounger

Capital dispersion according to days or months or years left

Post by komhs »

Hi everyone and congratulations again for the fantastic job that you are doing here.
I have something in mind and i can't make it happen, because i can't find a way to calculate automatically days or months or years remaining.

Let's say that every day i provide capital to buy shares, but every two or three days i am losing my daily capital (only the day's capital not all of it). So, my decision is to make a capital dispersion. How? By dividing the capital that i lost with the remaining days of the week, or with the remaining days of a month or the remaining days of a certain period of time. I must be in a position to switch it accordingly. And of course to add the result to my next day's capital.
In a few words
Day...........................I INVEST......PROFIT/LOSS
Monday 15/11/2016......100 euro......300 euro
Tuesday 16/11/2016......100 euro.....-100 euro
Wednesday 17/11/2016..???????? here i want to make an equation which will allow me, for example, to divide Tuesday's 100 euro loss by the rest days of the month (in this particular situation we have 14 day left) and add the result to Wednesday's investment. So in this occasion it will be like this...
(100 that i lost/14 days left)+(100 my normal daily Investment)=107,14 will be Wednesday's investment. Than means that from this day until the end of the month i must add this 7,14 euro to my normal capital (100 euros) on a daily basis. The next time that i will lose, i must do exactly the same thing. So it will be 107,14/days left+107,14...

Take a look at the file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Capital dispersion according to days or months or years

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Do you want to be able to switch to a different interval each day (so for example use # of days to end of month on the 17th, then # of days to end of year on the 18th, etc.), or do you want to decide which interval to use at the beginning, and stick to that?
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Welcome from me too...

Another question to add to Hans's;

You ask for: "days left until the end of week".
Is this a full week or a 5-day work week? Also, if a full week, must Sunday be the first day of the week or Monday?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

komhs
NewLounger

Post by komhs »

HansV wrote:Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Do you want to be able to switch to a different interval each day (so for example use # of days to end of month on the 17th, then # of days to end of year on the 18th, etc.), or do you want to decide which interval to use at the beginning, and stick to that?

Hans first of all thank you so much for willing to help me. Secondly, because we are not talking about one investment which starts in January and ends in the end of December (maybe my investment will start next week and the lasting period is 40 days) , i must be in a position to set my interval time and having the opportunity to choose if i am calculating days, weeks or months. And maybe i will start tomorrow an investment and set a custom period of time, like 150 days.

Thanks in avdance

komhs
NewLounger

Post by komhs »

Rudi wrote:Welcome from me too...

Another question to add to Hans's;

You ask for: "days left until the end of week".
Is this a full week or a 5-day work week? Also, if a full week, must Sunday be the first day of the week or Monday?

Rudi thank you as well for your interest.

In order to answer your question i have to add that we re not talking about 5 days, but 7 days per week, so i think that Sunday is the better option, if this is something that will help you. And i am telling you that, because maybe i will start an investment on Wednesday.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps the attached version will help. Cells that you can edit are shaded light green. You can specify which option you want in cell K1, which has a dropdown.

Note that I don't let number of days to the end of ... go down to 0, because dividing by 0 causes an error.
Capital dispersion.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

komhs
NewLounger

Post by komhs »

Thank you so so much. I can't find words to thank you

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You're welcome! Glad to have been able to help.
Best wishes,
Hans