How to make the color palette retain the color

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

How to make the color palette retain the color

Post by BittenApple »

Hello team,

I am working for a company and I need to use certain colors for my charts in Excel 2010. I have 100 workbooks and each one has a chart. I have to go to each workbook and select the filler color for the chart and I need to repeat this one for each workbook.

The color palette doesn't keep the color after I enter RGB numbers.

How can I save the color to Microsoft Excel color palette?

Regards,
:clapping:
BittenApple,

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: How to make the color palette retain the color

Post by Rudi »

Although the colour palette is still available in the Save Tab of Excel Options, it is not really used much by the interface environment anymore (except maybe to change gridline colours). Since Excel 2007, the new workbook colour options is governed by Themes (Page Layout Tab > Themes). If one opens a blank new workbook, you can access the Page Layout Tab and click on the Colors button. At the bottom will be an option to Customise Colors. Use this to update the colour you want for your chart. Once you have modified the colour(s), go to the Themes button and click on it. At the bottom is an option to save the new theme (and its colours, fonts and effects). Once it is saved, you can open any other Excel file and using the same themes button, choose Browse for Theme. This will import the them you saved and provide the workbook with the new colour(s) you set up.

A macro could activate the theme in many workbooks using a loop to open the workbooks and apply the theme, as well as the specific theme colour to the chart element.
To set up a macro like this will need additional details.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.