VBA Dynamic Replace Function

datajunkie
NewLounger

Re: VBA Dynamic Replace Function

Post by datajunkie »

this is so strange
Last edited by datajunkie on 18 Mar 2016, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

datajunkie
NewLounger

Post by datajunkie »

Now I am beyond confused. See the attached excel and word. When I do a control Find of A3 it finds it in multiple cells. The attached word has the HTML code from column D and when I do a control find of A3 in the word it finds the value. Also, I added the search function for row A3 and it does find the value within the cells...

There is something weird going on here.

datajunkie
NewLounger

Post by datajunkie »

just to make this weirder. On my mac when I do a control find it finds the values in A3. When I bring the file to a PC it does not find the string in A3. I have no idea what the hell is going on now.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I won't be able to look at this until tomorrow. Perhaps someone else will jump in before that.
Best wishes,
Hans

datajunkie
NewLounger

Post by datajunkie »

No worries. Would love to know your thoughts when you have a second to check out. It's just beyond peculiar. The only thing I can think is that the length of the fields where I'm trying to replace the text in is too long? but that really doesn't make sense.

datajunkie
NewLounger

Post by datajunkie »

Found a solution - used the substitute function and had the function reference the cell above :)

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Dan,

I see you have resolved it :thumbup: , but for future reference, it doesn't really help your cause if you delete the attachments all the time. I'm trying to jump in and help resolve your query and I click the links to your attachments and it does not exist anymore. It would be better to desensitize a small example that we can all use and reference than to keep deleting an actual copy of your file. Please take the time to create something that does not need to be deleted so other loungers can have an opportunity to help resolve any future queries you might have down the line. TX.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

datajunkie
NewLounger

Post by datajunkie »

sorry about that - the solution ended up being using the substitution function - I will provide an excel file with solution for other's reference.