VB

HansV
Administrator

Re: VB

Post by HansV »

Please don't type an entire post in UPPER CASE.

The code provided by Don Wells will only work if the workbook is opened. I don't think there is an easy way to do what you want.
Best wishes,
Hans

krishnaa_kumarr88
2StarLounger

Post by krishnaa_kumarr88 »

Cheers

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

krishnaa_kumarr88 wrote: THAT IS IF THE SPREADSHEET IS NOT OPENED FOR 5 MIN AND I SHOULD GET AUTOMATIC EMAIL SAYING THAT I FORGOT TO UPDATE SPREADSHEET/FORGOT TO OPEN THE SPREADSHEET.THANKS,
    Since the code for these notifications, and the supporting database rests within the workbook it is mandatory that somebody/anybody open the workbook to initiate the process.
    I suggest placing a shortcut to this file in the startup folder of several people who are not on the participants list. Were you to take this approach, I could revise the code such that the file would close again on completion of the process (only for non participants). In this scenario the messages -- if required -- would be sent any time one of the chosen non-participants logged onto their machine. In reality this will provide a very high probability of any required e-mail messsages being sent on a daily basis.
Last edited by Don Wells on 15 Oct 2014, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Don

krishnaa_kumarr88
2StarLounger

thanks

krishnaa_kumarr88
2StarLounger

Hi,
You gave me wonderful code. I am just wondering is it possible to do the following thing in that code,

Right now above code will do the following thing,
1. If i did not open the excel for 8 days i will get automatic email ,

but i would like to do the following things as well,
1. I would like to set up 6 persons email id (right now i will get automatic email, but i want 6 persons email id)
2. Each person should open the excel atleast once in 8 days.
3. If all 6 persons open the excel atleast once in 8 days its fine.
4. If anyone and other forget to open once in 8 days i would like to send automatic email only to that concerned guy and not to other 5 persons.

Is it possible?
Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

1. It appears that you have not set up the Usage Log in accordance with the instructions on Sheeet1 of the file which I sent you.
  2. The code will do exactly as you have described providing no one is designated as an onlooker.
  3. Please provide a screenshot or copy of your Usage Log worksheet.
Regards
Don

krishnaa_kumarr88
2StarLounger

Hi Don,

I am just getting confused in the following Role
1. User
2. Administrator
3. user/Administrator
4. Onlooker

Can u please explain what does each role do? thanks a lot

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

krishnaa_kumarr88 wrote:Hi Don,

I am just getting confused in the following Role
1. User
2. Administrator
3. user/Administrator
4. Onlooker

Can u please explain what does each role do? thanks a lot
  1. User: One of the participants who are charged with updating the file on a regular basis (currently 8 days).
  2. Administrator: The person charged with maintaining the "Usage Log" worksheet on the file of interest.
  3. User/Administrator: This role may not be filled but exists in the event that one of the users is also charged with the role of administrator.
  4. Onlooker: One of the people -- if any -- who do not participate but are advised of any reminder messsages sent by the system.
Regards
Don

krishnaa_kumarr88
2StarLounger

Thanks for your kind reply.
In that case, if i have more than one users, then all the users getting mail at the same time.
Example:
Andy - user1
James- User2
Mike- user3

I would like each of the above users to open atleast once in 8 days. But If ANYONE of the above users open the excel before 8 days then the code wont work? It can be Andy opened before 8 days but not james and mike, in that case code does not work as well.

In other case, If andy and james opened before 8 days, but mike forget to open in 8 days. Mike opened 9th day, but i would like to get automatic email only to MIKE not to ANDY and JAmes in that case.

I think i am making more complicated. If not possible then dont worry DON.
Thanks

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

Hi Krishnaa
    You should go back and review this post. The first time the file is opened after the Usage Log has been set up every user but the user who opened the file will receive a message as there is no record of their having opened the file. For the next 24 hours no messages will be sent irrespective of who opens the file or how often; as the log recognizes that a message has been sent within the 24 hour window. The first time the file is opened after the 24 hour window has passed, all users who have not yet opened the file will receive another message. Once a user has opened the file once the 8 day rule will kick into play for that user.
Regards
Don