Macros, and Trusted Locations.

Steve_in_Kent
4StarLounger

Macros, and Trusted Locations.

Post by Steve_in_Kent »

Have a spreadsheet that multiple people use, and need macros to work...

however, some of the people using it, dont have the location as a trusted location.. i understand the only way you have the macros run automatically, is with either
a payed for security certificate, or a trusted location... so

Is it possible to make a script to add a trusted location to a computer. ? (I presume not, as surely that defeats the whole idea of not letting programmers run malicious code?)

How do people get around this issue, dealing with multiple users (40+).

Also, to share a workbook, i believe macros' are turned off, is there a way around this?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owing at LEAST 34 beers to other helpful forum members. Especially HansV!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Macros, and Trusted Locations.

Post by HansV »

Trusted Locations are registry entries. You could set those with a macro, but users would have to allow macros for the macro to run...
Alternatively, you could use one of the applications from http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Trust_Ce ... _Locations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I don't recommend sharing a workbook, it's a recipe for disaster - the workbook will become corrupted sooner or later.
Best wishes,
Hans

Steve_in_Kent
4StarLounger

Re: Macros, and Trusted Locations.

Post by Steve_in_Kent »

That EXE file, is perfect Hans.. i can set up a batch file, with the options and folder that i want, then get the users to run the exe, from an email.

many thanks !

steve
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owing at LEAST 34 beers to other helpful forum members. Especially HansV!