Excel Matchings

anish147
NewLounger

Excel Matchings

Post by anish147 »

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any possibility of matching a 2 excel workbook which has similar cells.

I am interested in the below steps

1= If a macro has been created there should be a form control to import 1st workbook and another form control to import the 2nd workbook.

2= If there is any mismatches in any of the excel it should pop up an error message. If possible, spotting the cells which has the error.

Ideally I would like to bring up this macro for the validation of the reports that has been generated by the 1st and 2nd level control.

Kindly help me if there is any possible to bring up a macro for this or guide if there is any other possible way to identify the errors.

Thanks,
Anish

HansV
Administrator

Re: Excel Matchings

Post by HansV »

Do you want to compare two worksheets, or two complete workbooks possibly containing multiple worksheets each?

Do you want to compare only the values of cells, or also their formatting?
Best wishes,
Hans

anish147
NewLounger

Post by anish147 »

=To match the two complete workbooks.

= I can 1st test with the values and later I can go and check with the formatting.

Thanks,
Anish

sdckapr
3StarLounger

Post by sdckapr »

Chip Pearson has an Free addin at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Downloads.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; called compare.zip that compares workbooks.

Steve