copy conditional with change management

DVM
2StarLounger

copy conditional with change management

Post by DVM »

Dear Moderators,
I am copying a range from source to destiation sheet based on a change event cell D5 (and rows below row 5 using table copy property) The application performs change management which is the essence. I am enclsing a file with two ws. 'current_functionality' which indicates what the application is currently doing and also another ws 'to_achieve_new' which describe an additional functionality i want to add.
I would send the actual application file when some one can advise me if this is something that can be achieved.
Sincerely, DVM

DVM
2StarLounger

Re: copy conditional with change management

Post by DVM »

To: The Moderator: I did attach the file EL but not quite sure if it actually was attached and delivered. Pls advise

sdckapr
3StarLounger

Post by sdckapr »

I am not a moderator, but I do not see the attached file. Go full editor, then under the edit section is a section with a tab of Options and 1 for upload attachments.

Steve

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Your post doesn't have an attachment. See Tip: adding an attachment using the prosilver skin for instructions on adding an attachment. The maximum file size is 256 KB.
Best wishes,
Hans

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

trying to attach the file.....please confirm if attached
el.xlsm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yes, I see the attachment; I will look at it now.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I think we need to see the code that you already have for the current functionality.
Best wishes,
Hans

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

here you go....
change event code is in MasterList!
pasword vdesai!

the file just does not want to upload. When I click on 'Add the file' button, the file vanishes.....please help

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

could you please provide me an email Id where i could send the file?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have sent you a PM - look at your Personal Messages.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have received the file and I have attached it to this reply.
3d_01.xlsm
However, I don't see any resemblance between the workbook that you attached earlier on and this workbook, so I don't understand how the Worksheet_Change code of the MasterList sheet in 3d_01.xlsm could be applied to the other workbook. You'll have to explain very clearly and in great detail what you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

Ok, here is the explanation.
The first attachment was only to explain how the actual flie would work
In the second attachment (3d_01 - which is the actual application file) please focus on only 3 cols - D, E and F. Please navigate to new row by hitting Tab key on col T. There is no upper limit on how many new rows could be created, but the example explains rows from 2 to 20. In the actual application file, I have not filled any values in col D, E and F (row 5 and onwards) because if you could fill them up using drop downs, (all cols - D, e and F are dropdowns) you would be in a better position to quickly know how the application is working currently.
A selection in D copies a range from wsh Ranges_Port into these sheets : (you would think that Cols E and F are not required to study the application, but they create a ISA code which gives and idea which range is actually copied / deleted / modified)
Alarms, Solenoids, Control_Valves, Controller, Elements, Read_Outs, Switches, Test_Points, Transmitters, Viewing_Device, Well_Probes, Drives, Controls
Now please refer to sheet List. It lists the copy ranges to be copied from source to destination sheets as mentioned above. The code uses this table (left side table)
Thus, if MasterList!D5 = Alarms, range Ranges_port!A5:J5 (which I have renamed in the exampe file as 'r1)'is copied into detaination sheet Alarms.
similarly, if MasterList!D5 = Transmitters, range Ranges_port!A13:J13 is copied into detaination sheet Transmitters.
and so forth.
In the example file you would get to know how the Add, Delete and Modify would work. Use this example file to creatre the first 16 rows (rwo 5 to row 20) of data.

At this point in time I am restricting myself to only give you an idea of how the current code works. Once I am successful in giving you this clarity, in my next note I will mention what I help I need. So, please do not refer to the sheet "to_achieve_new' worksheet in the example file.

I am not uploading the actual application file again, because it is already with you.

I hope I could get you the required clarity. I know its a bit compex and therefore writing a text is not very easy. I have tried my best, but you may still need some more information. Please ask the same.
Best regards
DVM

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK, I see now how the Worksheet_Change event procedure of the MasterList sheet works. But it's still not clear to me how this relates to the current_functionality sheet in the other workbook.
Best wishes,
Hans

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

Using file el.xlsm, I want to let you know by example, how the code works. It was going to be very difficult for me to explain in plain text. But I am very happy that you could figure it out. However, it is still important for me to make sure I am successful in letting you understand the examples in sheet current_functionality. Because,
to move forward and explain to you what I would like to change in this code, I will have to use the same file. If your are not yet comfortable to understand I will find some other way to explain. Please pardon my inability to explain to you on the first attempt.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'll take a look again later today.
Best wishes,
Hans

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

Thank you!

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Welcome to the lounge DVM.

I have been very busy with personal matters so I have not had chance to assist in looking into your query. It seems as though Hans has been supporting as he always does. :smile: When I get a moment, I too take a peek at your query the moment and see if I can offer support, though with Hans's head start you'd probably have an answer sooner than later.

Cheers
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

Thanks to you also!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm slowly starting to understand what you want to do. To test my understanding: it seems to me that the text

"If wm!$dx = s1 OR s3 or s4, then ..."

in cell B6 on the to_achieve_new sheet in EL.xlsm should actually be:

"If wm!$dx = s1 OR s2 or s4, then ..."

Is that correct?
Best wishes,
Hans

DVM
2StarLounger

Post by DVM »

Yes, you are correct. Sorry about the mistake. I am so much relieved my description could be useful to explain the functionality. Now, instead of referrig at the example to see what I actually want, do you advise me to send you a tabular form of the exact logic that I need.