Import PDF into Excel

Rudi
gamma jay

Import PDF into Excel

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

I am just taking a chance as Excel (and the lounge guru's) have more than a few times surprised me with answers that I thought cannot be done!

So...here goes:

I have a list of info that was exported from SAP (ERP) into a PDF file format. Is there any way that this PDF can be open / imported into Excel. I have tried a number of ways without success, even opening Acrobat Reader and saving the list as text. Then importing the text file into Excel, but it is a mess as one cannot save with delimiter or as fixed width.

Any ideas?? (Try and surprise me - :grin:)
TIA
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Import PDF into Excel

Post by HansV »

PowerPoint MVP Stephen Rindsberg has written
Converting a PPT to a PDF is like turning meat, veggies, spices and water into stew. Pretty simple.

Converting a PDF to a PPT is like turning stew back into the original meat, veggies, spices and water. Darn near impossible.
More or less the same holds for converting PDF to Excel.

A Google search for convert pdf excel will turn up lots of tools, but I have no experience with any of them.

I'd ask for an export directly to Excel, or to a .csv file.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Import PDF into Excel

Post by Rudi »

HansV wrote:PowerPoint MVP Stephen Rindsberg has written
Converting a PPT to a PDF is like turning meat, veggies, spices and water into stew. Pretty simple.
Converting a PDF to a PPT is like turning stew back into the original meat, veggies, spices and water. Darn near impossible.
More or less the same holds for converting PDF to Excel.
:laugh:
That is a pretty darn good quote! I thought I had a glimmer of hope when I managed to get the meat back on the bone (and some of the onions back together again), but it all pretty much fell apart again after...so guess what...I just ate the stew anyways...and it was good! :yum: :rofl:

Thanks for that mouth watering confirmation Hans

...I think I'll go have something to eat now!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.