Padding space between graphs and Y axis

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Padding space between graphs and Y axis

Post by New Daddy »

If you want to pad some space between the line graphs and the Y axis, what do you do?
I inserted fictitious columns with no data before the first data column and after the last data column, which seem to do the jub. But there must be a better way.

sdckapr
3StarLounger

Re: Padding space between graphs and Y axis

Post by sdckapr »

Under format Axis for the X-Axis, under Axis Options, I check the option to position Axis "Between tick marks" so the points are centered on the lables not at the ends of the chart.

Steve

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

As Steve notes, when you format the x-axis, you can specify whether the vertical axis crosses on the tick marks or between them:
S0718.png
In the screenshot below, 1. shows "on tick marks" and 2. shows "between tick marks":
S0721.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Post by New Daddy »

HansV wrote:As Steve notes, when you format the x-axis, you can specify whether the vertical axis crosses on the tick marks or between them:
S0718.png
In the screenshot below, 1. shows "on tick marks" and 2. shows "between tick marks":
S0721.png
Ok, that will kind of achieve what I want. But what if I want those tick marks to sit right on top of the labels (a, b, c, etc., in your example)? Is there a way to have your cake and eat it too here?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Nah, you'd have to add one or more blank entries, as you've been doing.
Best wishes,
Hans