Combo boxes

dmcnab
3StarLounger

Combo boxes

Post by dmcnab »

Hi all....I am assembling an expense claim form using data validation; lists of names etc etc...the names will be selected from a drop-down list of names and will go into D4:I6........I found some code at Contextures.com that shows how to make dynamic lists. I want to use a combo box so that I can have better control over the formatting and properties of the lists. Contextures.com has code and instructions concerning this task, but I am running into problems with my data validation....is ti because of the merged range D4:I9, and should I not use a merged range of cells (and redesign the worksheet so that I only use a single cell) ?..I know that merged cells can be problematic, and I am wondering if that could be the cause of my problems here?

Also, can someone tell me whether it is permissible to have more than one drop-down lists on the same worksheet?......if I want to have one cell for name, and a second cell for a drop-down list of addresses, can I do do if I have introduced a combo box, b/c the properties of each may be different....thanks for any help you can send my way.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Combo boxes

Post by HansV »

Although I prefer to avoid merged cells, using them shouldn't be a problem with dropdown lists per se.
It's possible to have multiple dropdown lists displaying different kind of data on the same worksheet.
If you want help with this, a sample workbook would be helpful.
Best wishes,
Hans