How hard is it to put a date/time "stamp"?

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

How hard is it to put a date/time "stamp"?

Post by mishmish3000 »

:grin:
Good day!
Hey, is there a way I could set up a Word document to put a date and time "stamp" on a bunch of pages that I run through a printer as a print job?
The reason I'm asking is this:
We get hundreds of paper lab reports either faxed to us or mailed to us. The poor administrative assistant has to sit at her desk and manually stamp a time and date on each page. This is time consuming and rather maddening to listen to (kaTHUMP, kaTHUMP, kaTHUMP). So... I was wondering if she loaded the paper lab reports into the printer like it was just a ream of paper, and then ran a print job from Word with a date and time on it, showing when we got them (i.e., for tomorrow morning's first faxes and letters, the "stamp" (watermark? footer?) would say, "Received CEDEP Central Office 04202012 0800 MyInitialsHere", in bold and in red.).

How hard would this be? I don't want to mess stuff up, and would like to know if it's possible, even.
Thanks
MishMish3000
Anne

HansV
Administrator

Re: How hard is it to put a date/time "stamp"?

Post by HansV »

You could enter the desired text in the footer of an otherwise blank document. If desired you can place the current date as a field in it (Insert | Date and time; tick the check box Update automatically).
x1046.png
For a report with 24 pages, select 24 copies when you print the document.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Re: How hard is it to put a date/time "stamp"?

Post by mishmish3000 »

Thanks SO much!
Anne