Word 2010 Multi Level Numbering Button

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

Word 2010 Multi Level Numbering Button

Post by DaveInPitt »

Hi Everyone! Does anyone know of a good reason why Word 2010 is designed in this manner (I know, this question opens a can of worms :smile: )? For example, if I setup a new multi list number level and apply that list, the multi level ribbon button is not "depressed" to show that it's active. The regular auto numbering button is "depressed" instead. This really caused a lot of confusion today while trying to troubleshoot auto numbering in a style. Thanks in advance for all of your replies :scratch:

Attached is an example (beautifully designed by me)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA

HansV
Administrator

Re: Word 2010 Multi Level Numbering Button

Post by HansV »

I'm not going to defend Word or its designers, because I agree that it's confusing, but I think the idea behind this is that each level in a multilevel list can have numbering or bullets (or neither). For example, level 1 could have numbering, level 2 a bullet, and level 3 numbering again.
The actual paragraphs will reflect this - depending on their level, either the numbering or bullets button will be highlighted.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

Re: Word 2010 Multi Level Numbering Button

Post by DaveInPitt »

Thanks for your insight Hans! Take Care
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA