Printing Envelopes using Word 2010

RonH
SilverLounger

Printing Envelopes using Word 2010

Post by RonH »

I use my printer usually set to 'fast draft' but when printing I need to operate it at 'normal print' to avoid smudging the envelope printing/printing too fast. Is there some way of setting up a template for envelopes only that can take care of these needs and that does not change the Normal template that I use on Word docs. I can't find an answer in the 'Help' menu.
Thanks in advance for any advice. :cheers:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Printing Envelopes using Word 2010

Post by HansV »

As far as I know, the print mode is a setting of the printer, not of the template. If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will correct me.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Hans.
I think you are probably correct but I was hoping to be able to set up envelope printing defaults such that I do not need to keep reprogramming the printer. Will wait to see if there are other ideas.
Thanks mate
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Timelord
4StarLounger

Post by Timelord »

Not a scripter, but could you use a script for these settings. Hans, I would need you to help with this, but I found

Code: Select all

Sub tray()
With ActiveDocument.PageSetup
.FirstPageTray = wdPrinterManualFeed
.OtherPagesTray = wdPrinterManualFeed
End With
End Sub
Is there any coding that could be sent to the printer?
Who will you Inspire today?

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

RonH wrote:....but I was hoping to be able to set up envelope printing defaults such that I do not need to keep reprogramming the printer.
Previous suggestions for similar requirements include duplicating your printer installation, which you then set up with the default settings you want. It should be a simple matter to create a quick macro that temporarily switches your default printer for that job, then back to the 'normal' default printer. (For example, see this post.)
Leif

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for all your suggestions.
I think that I will 'put up' with the need to change printer settings every time I print an envelope until I can afford a printer that handles them better. Knowing me, if I duplicate the printer installation I will end up with no printer!
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.