Clipboard - items not collected (Word 2007)

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Clipboard - items not collected (Word 2007)

Post by IanWilson »

My wife is experiencing an intermittent issue with Word 2007 with Vista. When she copies some text in a Word document, the little indication in the notification area sometimes says "Item not collected" and nothing appears in the clipboard pane (although Ctrl-V still pastes the copied text) and the clipboard pane shows there are no items in it. It seems to work and then stop working and then work again. I can't see that anything changes between it working and not working. I just tried it at her computer, and every time I copied, the clipboard worked as advertised. But then suddenly when I tried it again, it had stopped working.

I have Googled this a bit and it seems that others report this problem, though I saw no helpful solutions. (Some suggested it was connected with copying unusual graphics, etc, but the problem occurred for me when all I had copied was a couple or words of typing. Some suggested that they couldn't paste when this occurred but as noted above, Ctrl-V still seems to paste the copied text.)

Any ideas?

Ian

HansV
Administrator

Re: Clipboard - items not collected (Word 2007)

Post by HansV »

Perhaps the Office Clipboard has become corrupt. I'd try repairing Office from the Programs control panel.
Best wishes,
Hans

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

HansV wrote:Perhaps the Office Clipboard has become corrupt. I'd try repairing Office from the Programs control panel.
OK - we'll give that a go and see what happens.

Ian

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

IanWilson wrote:
HansV wrote:Perhaps the Office Clipboard has become corrupt. I'd try repairing Office from the Programs control panel.
OK - we'll give that a go and see what happens.

Ian
We've run Office Diagnostics from within Word, and it reported no problems. Does that do the same thing, or should we also do a repair as you suggest?

Ian

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't know if they're exactly the same, but I don't think Repair will work if the Office Diagnostics didn't. It won't hurt, though.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I have seen this happen when a third party "Clipboard manager" has been installed.
Sometimes when these are removed the Windows one is NOT restored, and it took a Windows repair to restore it.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

DaveA wrote:I have seen this happen when a third party "Clipboard manager" has been installed.
Sometimes when these are removed the Windows one is NOT restored, and it took a Windows repair to restore it.
I don't think she's ever used a "Clipboard Manager".

Ian