Changes to tracked changes are in tracked changes

jmt356
SilverLounger

Changes to tracked changes are in tracked changes

Post by jmt356 »

I am trying to edit a document using tracked changes. If I make a changes, it is entered in tracked changes. When I press ctrl + s, the color of the tracked changes changes. When I then make changes to the tracked changes, they appear in tracked changes. For example, if I enter text in tracked changes and then want to remove it, rather than remove it, Word puts a strikethrough through the text using tracked changes. This is not normal behavior for tracked changes. How do I stop it?
Regards,

JMT

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Re: Changes to tracked changes are in tracked changes

Post by PJ_in_FL »

I recall similar behavior when I was creating documents that needed revision control.

If you turn off tracking to view the document as it will appear, have your changes have been implemented correctly?
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

If I turn off tracked changes, nothing changes, but if I accept the changes, they appear as they should.

Is it possible to configure Word so that only one set of tracked changes appears, and my changes to tracked changes are not tracked?

I can edit my tracked changes without an issue, but once I press save, the color of my tracked changes turns to pink and the changes I make to my tracked changes remain in beige and are made over the pink changes in tracked changes. However, if I only make changes to the beige changes, they are not tracked. Once I press save and the color of the tracked changes changes, all changes to the tracked changes are tracked in beige font over the pink.

It is as though Word thinks that I am another user once I press save, and it is being instructed to track each user's tracked changes in a different color.
Regards,

JMT

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

Multi-level tracking is needed to support collaboration, where changes by one user are reviewed and modified by a second user. I don't know of any way to turn that off.
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I believe there is a way to turn off multi-level tracked changes. It has to do with tricking Word into thinking I am the person who put in the first level of tracked changes. I don't know how to do that though.
Regards,

JMT