Title bar too cluttered

jmt356
SilverLounger

Title bar too cluttered

Post by jmt356 »

My title bar in Word is so cluttered that the name of my file gets cut off and I don't know what document I am working on. The title bar has a button for Outline View, another for Customize Quick Access, another for Microsoft Search, another with my name, another for Upcoming Features, another for Ribbon Display Options, etc. I don't even have empty space to click on if I want to move the window. How do I get rid off all these buttons?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Title bar too cluttered

Post by HansV »

If you click the 'Customize Quick Access Toolbar' dropdown arrow, does the dropdown menu have an option 'Show Below the Ribbon'?

S1656.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

Another item you can use: Go to File > Options > General and check the box for "Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default". Instead of the wide search box, you'll see only the "magnifier" icon. Click that icon when you want the box to appear temporarily.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Jay Freedman wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 20:41
Another item you can use: Go to File > Options > General and check the box for "Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default".
That was useful. Thank you.
StuartR

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Hans: Yes, it does. But the Quick Access Toolbar is the one thing I do want above the ribbon. It doesn’t take up much space because I have none of the options selected, and the only thing that shows up is the Style, Font and Font Size. What I would really like to get rid of is all of the features that I never use, like the search bar, my name, the Upcoming Features icon and the Ribbon Display Options.

Jay: It’s already collapsed.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

From your description, it looks like you have a narrow Word window. This is what mine looks like. It takes up less than half the width of my monitor (in other words, I can easily fit two Word windows side by side)

S1664.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

jmt356,
Post a screen shot so we can see what you have?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Hans, how do you get the style to show up in your Quick Access Toolbar? It shows up for me on one computer but not on the other.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I added it to the Quick Access Toolbar. Style can be found in Commands Not in the Ribbon:

S1668.png
Best wishes,
Hans