Macros not showing in Macros dialog box

RaymondB
NewLounger

Macros not showing in Macros dialog box

Post by RaymondB »

Hi all, this is my first post.

I am running Word 365 on Windows 10.

My macros that are contained in my Normal.dotm and which show in the VBA editor do not appear in the Macros dialog box - see attached document.

I noticed this yesterday when I tried to run a macro from a keyboard shortcut and nothing happened.

Any assistance would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Macros not showing in Macros dialog box

Post by HansV »

A belated welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

That's strange! I first thought that it might be because the macro and the module have the same name, but that proved to be incorrect in a small test.

Could you attach a copy of your Normal.dotm to a reply? You can remove the other modules from the copy, if you wish.
Best wishes,
Hans

RaymondB
NewLounger

Post by RaymondB »

Thanks for the advice so far.

After creating a copy of Normal.dotm, I had to remove quite a few modules (I just deleted 5 at a time until the file size was small enough) to get the file small enough to upload. The few macros that are in this file Normal - Copy now appear. The ones in Normal.dotm still do not.

I do not recall adding new macros in the last few days but I will go back and check and delete one by one until they appear. I will report back in a day or three :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RaymondB
NewLounger

Post by RaymondB »

Restarting word (even though I had done this before to no avail) seems to have resolved the problem.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

All's well that ends well...
Best wishes,
Hans