Viewing section break numbers

Deb G.
Lounger

Viewing section break numbers

Post by Deb G. »

It seems this forum is on a roll with section break questions:)

Is there a place in 2007 where you can see what section you are in? In 2003, the bottom left corner of the screen (beside the page and word count) showed something like "Sec.2" (or whatever section you were in). I don't see that information anywhere in 2007.

I have a document with ++sections but I want to protect only one section. When turning on protection, you need to choose which section(s) by number that you want protected...but I can't find that in the various ribbons or task bar. What am I missing?

I hope this isn't one of these questions that going to make me feel like an idiot when I read the response :groan:

HansV
Administrator

Re: Viewing section break numbers

Post by HansV »

Right-click the status bar, and click on Section in the Customize Status Bar menu that pops up.
x354.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Deb G.
Lounger

Post by Deb G. »

Thanks again Hans. <sigh>....I really wish basic things like this were always "on" instead of searching endlessly for them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Microsoft has made very weird design decisions in Word 2007, and in Office 2007 in general... :crazy:
Best wishes,
Hans