'When correcting spelling and grammar in Word' settings

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

'When correcting spelling and grammar in Word' settings

Post by FrecklePaw »

Happy New Year everyone!
I've noticed when I have been sending out documents I've worked on to people and they make any amendments or additions to it, that they are not noticing any spelling errors (despite that I've pointed out to them to look out for the blue and red wavy lines under spelling errors or inconsistencies in grammar, etc). It then falls to me to have to make the amendments when I receive the document back as I can easily spot the red wavy lines under spelling mistakes, or blue lines under other inconsistencies.
Someone has come back to me to say today that they've spoken with a colleague about this and they have noticed that:

I spoke to friends and colleagues about it, and it seems I am not the only one with the same issues.

In summary, the spell check and grammar check are fine when a person creates a Word document themselves. All of those highlighting issues said they could not get the spell/grammar check to function when they had received documents/templates from others. As far as I can tell, nobody has been able to resolve this.

Hence why I am asking: is there a way to resolve this? If so, how?!
TIA

HansV
Administrator

Re: 'When correcting spelling and grammar in Word' settings

Post by HansV »

If I send a document with spelling errors to myself and open it, the errors aren't underlined either.
Pressing F7 or clicking Review > Spelling & Grammar will generate the wavy underlines again - for me at least.
If that doesn't work, select File > Options > Proofing and click the 'Recheck Document' button. This should make Word check the document from scratch.
Best wishes,
Hans

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Post by FrecklePaw »

Amazing, thanks Hans - will give this a try asap and let you know.

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Post by FrecklePaw »

Thanks Hans, all working well and a good 'fix'.
Just out of interest, any idea why it would do this?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sorry, no, I don't know why it works that way.
Best wishes,
Hans