Create Calendar in Word

BobH
UraniumLounger

Create Calendar in Word

Post by BobH »

Does Word have a template that will allow one to create a calendar for each month of the year? If so, could you please tell me where to find it? If not, do you know of one that can be downloaded to Word?

My better half wants each month's calendar on a sheet of paper in landscape mode. I'm having trouble finding something so simple and easy. I can find websites that purport to have them but when I get there I find no way to download and print the year 2021.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: Create Calendar in Word

Post by HansV »

See for example:

A 12-month calendar:
12-month Calendar (Sun-Sat)

One-month calendars (you have to print each month separately):
Banner calendar
One-month basic calendar (any year)
Calendar
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 20:49
My better half wants each month's calendar on a sheet of paper in landscape mode. I'm having trouble finding something so simple and easy. I can find websites that purport to have them but when I get there I find no way to download and print the year 2021.
Hi Bob.
If your better half is Spanish or French etc she can use her own language.
The macros auto-size to a single sheet of paper.

http://www.chrisgreaves.com/Videos/ The YouTube videos are still there, rows 2-5.
The videos were made in WinXP/Word97, but I am still using Calendar to this day!
There is a PDF file here: http://www.chrisgreaves.com/Downloads/c ... rGuide.pdf
Untitled.png
I have added some macros; mainly to colour cells forwards and backwards as I count-down to pension day. :grin:
Cheers
Your loving nephew
chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you, Hans!

For reasons unknown to me, the templates that I used to see offered after File > New no longer appeared. All I got was a blank page offer. I finally overcame my mental block and saw that there is a search panel. What I found there was a template requiring one to select and print each page.

Thanks for the file, Chris.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

Bob,
If you go to this MS site, you can download and save the Calendar Wizard Template. This is a Word template which offers a few different designs. Simply double click on the saved file and the wizard open in Word (you will probably receive a Security Warning where you will have to enable macros). Once the wizard opens, you have a few different styles to choose from, select landscape or portrait mode, and then select a date range. You can create a series of monthly calendars for the full year or a for any single month. I've been using this template for many years.

There are a multitude of MS templates here. Simply enter the type of template you are looking for, or select from any of the categories listed.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, John!

I found and installed the Calendar Wizard Template but have been unable to make it create a monthly calendar of boxes to fill a page in landscape mode that has the days numbered in a corner leaving the majority of each box free for annotation.

I find of late that my attention span is brief making me miss things sometimes. If you know of a control that I missed, I'd be much obliged for an education in the matter.

Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

Rebel
4StarLounger

Post by Rebel »

Once you have created the calendar via the wizard, go to the first month (if you have multiple months) and select every cell containing a number (date).
SelectCalendarDates.png
Then simply select a smaller font size for the selected dates.
Move your cursor to the top left corner of the table and select the table. You cursor will then appear as a 4 sided arrow. Right click, select cell alignment, upper right (in this example).
Calendar Table1.png
Once you have done this, there is ample room in each cell to type in whatever information you want (see attached example). This is a bit clumsy (you have to do this for every month if you have generated a yearly calendar, but it does work. Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, John.

That makes the wizard a lot better tool.

Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

Charles Kenyon
4StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

Another possibility, if you have Office, is to use Outlook and print calendars from there.

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

Besides Chris' calendar, there is also this site that has lots of calendar templates, including Word templates, with multiple customizations:

CalendarLabs

Happy holidays!
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

Coming in here late... I offer https://jay-freedman.info/2021_Calendars.zip on my website.

Rebel
4StarLounger

Post by Rebel »

The How-to Geek has recently published a web page on How to Make a calendar in Microsoft Word. This article shows how to create a calendar from scratch (which also demonstrates some of the procedures to customize a calendar produced by the Calendar Wizard) or how to use one of the many templates available.