extra paragraph mark at end of document

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

extra paragraph mark at end of document

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I have just now re-read the topic extra paragraph mark inserted between pageBreak & headin and I think it is not what I am looking for.
Nor is the thread Word2003 - test for "End Of Document".

About two to three years ago (I think) a post was made about eradicating a duplicate paragraph mark, I think at the end of the document.
There was some discussion, but I can't remember whether a VBA solution was involved.
At that time I read the thread with interest because I had often fallen into an endless loop trying to remove that extra paragraph mark at the end of a document.

From my memory, it was not enough to GoTo the end of a document and delete the paragraph mark, because MSWord always places a paragraph mark at the end of a document, on principle, even if it has been deleted.

I would appreciate a link to the thread, if anyone here can remember enough about it to find it.

Thanks
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Re: extra paragraph mark at end of document

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: extra paragraph mark at end of document

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 16:35
Perhaps Remove trailing para mark?
Thank you hans!
That was probably it. (But six years ago?!!???)
I suspect my interest was piqued at the time because I have suffered from Blank Page Syndrome.
My situation now is occasional errant double paragraph marks at the end of the document. i can resolve that with a couple of lines of VBA, but first I wanted to read up on what was already published.
Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace