Pages per Sheet (printing)

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Pages per Sheet (printing)

Post by DaveA »

ChrisGreaves wrote: By "Classic style" are you referring to my Windows XP screen, or to some aspect of Camtasia (or even YouTube)?
Thanks again.
I meant that you have the "Classic Start Menu" selected and your panes are of the Windows 98 and 2K style. Today with XP (Default menu), Vista and Windows 7, the menu appears to be a lot different than what you are using. So anyone that has never used 98 or 2K may not be able to follow your steps.

I prefer the old "Classic" to, but since most of the people that I help out do not use it, I have forced myself to use the new (as the wife calls it) "Bubble Gum" look.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Pages per Sheet (printing)

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:No, just install another new printer with, say, 16-up printing.
OK. I'm a bit slow on the take-up some(1) days.

I went to the BigBeigeBox and added another local printer called BBB9 (as in 9-pages per sheet) and tested it locally.
It prints 9 pages per sheet.
Next I shared it across the network as BBB9.

Back at the Laptop I added a new printer, browsing to the BBB9 on the BigBeigeBox and from the laptop printed a document.
It came out as 1-page per sheet.
Still on the laptop and addressing my new BB9 I set Preferences/Finishing to 9 pages-per-sheet, and this time it printed 9.

So I suspect, still, that one needs to set the preferences locally on each printer.

Which does seem odd to me; in a real (i.e. downtown office) networked environment I'd want to set the printers up correctly on the printer server, and then have local users tap into my finished product.

(1) OK, most days
He who plants a seed, plants life.