Review Document

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Review Document

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

Is there any easy way to review the documents. I mean what are the formatting options being used like whether they have used controls, objects, VBA, special formatting option, etc.. In this attached word document, restriction option has been used. But I wasn't familiar about that option. So it took to me, 20min to find it out. Kindly tell me that is there any easy way to identify how they've made documents or is it come by experience only?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Review Document

Post by HansV »

If you activate the Restrict Editing task pane from the Developer tab of the ribbon, you'll see that the document has been set up to be read-only, with only specific parts of the document meant to be edited. However (at least in the version that you attached), the restriction has not been activated: the button at the bottom says "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection".
S2722.png
The gray boxes are the parts that users can freely edit.
S2723.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thanks for your kind reply sir. Now I can understand sir. But, my question is, if someone is not familiar about that option, how they can know, this option being used? For example if they see this square bracket and they don't how it come. How to identify sir. Is there any easy way to identify particular option is being used.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You'd have to take a course on Microsoft Word. If you search your favorite search engine, you'll find online courses for Word.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank you sir :thankyou: