Decrease space between header and main text

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Decrease space between header and main text

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

How to reduce the space between header and main text. Here I have attached the screenshot of word document. Header have one table and main text have one table. But I want to make look like those tow table as single table but I want to have the header table and main text table as separate one. I want to reduce the space for all pages too. Same way footer also. Could you please help me this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Decrease space between header and main text

Post by HansV »

The best you can probably do is to select the paragraph mark below the table in the header, and to set the font size to 1. You cannot select 1 from the dropdown list in the Font Size box, but you can type it.
The space between the table and the footer at the end of the page depends on the height of the table in the body of the document.
Best wishes,
Hans

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

Also, check the space-after formatting of that paragraph after the table in your header and the space-before formatting of the paragraphs in the first row of the table in the body. Both should be set to 0.
This is paragraph formatting.

kdock
5StarLounger

Post by kdock »

Why are you putting a separate table in the document Header? What are you trying to accomplish? Does the information in the Header change?

Would this work? Create the whole table in the body of the document, then select the first four rows and have them repeat at the top of every page as the table header. Then there will be no separation between the table in the header and the table in the body of the document.

Kim
Table with four rows repeating on each page.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

kdock wrote:Why are you putting a separate table in the document Header? What are you trying to accomplish? Does the information in the Header change?

Would this work? Create the whole table in the body of the document, then select the first four rows and have them repeat at the top of every page as the table header. Then there will be no separation between the table in the header and the table in the body of the document.

Kim
A page number field in a repeating header row of a table will not change to reflect the page. I'm confident that there are other fields that will be different in a page header than in a table header.

The table header row reflects the text in the first row but is not actually on subsequent pages.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Back in my Working days, I made a set of templates to produce Drawings in Book form. These were based on the tricks that Woody had done back using Word for DOS. Then along came Windows and I was able to update them.
The footer contained the Company info, drawing number, company Cage Code, sheet number, page number and Revision status.
The header has the full page frame.
It was quite the trick to get things working, but they did meets the requirements of the US military drawing standards.

I still have copies of the DOT files that still work within Office 365. But I do need to tweak them to work with the current printers and that was and is still a issue today.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

kdock
5StarLounger

Post by kdock »

Charles Kenyon wrote:A page number field in a repeating header row of a table will not change to reflect the page. I'm confident that there are other fields that will be different in a page header than in a table header.

The table header row reflects the text in the first row but is not actually on subsequent pages.
Very true, but the OP didn't refer to fields--that's why I wondered about what he was trying to accomplish. Quite right that my solution is limited by this constraint.

Best, Kim
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

Thank you all for your valuable suggestion. I have learned few things new from this thread. Thank you so much