Check Box

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Check Box

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

How to select all check boxes in one go and can we change the check box symbol default from X symbol to tick mark symbol. I am using word2016. Thanks.

macropod
4StarLounger

Re: Check Box

Post by macropod »

What kind of checkbox? In any event, whatever kind it is, you'll need a macro to loop through them and do the setting one each one individually.
Paul Edstein
[Fmr MS MVP - Word]

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

To elaborate on Paul's reply: there are three types of check boxes:
- Content control check box
- Legacy form check box
- ActiveX check box
S2113.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thanks for kind reply. Sir i am using content control check box sir. Actually i want to add the check box only. Because already i prepared content. I just want to add check box before the content and user going to check and uncheck. For that i need to customize the check box. But there are 100 check boxes. Do i want to customize each check box sir? Can we select and change the properties for all check boxes like we do in excel. I tried to use Go to function to select objects but it doesn't select the object. Now how to select that check boxes sir?

macropod
4StarLounger

Post by macropod »

Simply create & format a single checkbox, then copy/paste that checkbox to your other locations...
Paul Edstein
[Fmr MS MVP - Word]

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

To set the checked symbol for all content control checkboxes in the current document (or a template if it's opened as a document):

Code: Select all

Sub ChangeCheckedSymbol()
    Dim CC As ContentControl

For Each CC In ActiveDocument.ContentControls
        If CC.Type = wdContentControlCheckBox Then
            CC.SetCheckedSymbol CharacterNumber:=9745, _
                Font:="Segoe UI Symbol"
        End If
    Next CC
End Sub
That uses a check mark in a box which is the same size as the default empty box.

If you need to make other changes to all controls, they can be included within the If ... End If structure.

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Copy paste is a great and simple idea. Thanks Mr.Jay freedman for your VBA code. Thank you so much for all. Its working great.