Word 2016 Saving and Naming Documents

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Word 2016 Saving and Naming Documents

Post by hlewton »

Seems my Word 2016 no longer suggests names fr new documents when I am trying to save them. Is there a setting somewhere that will once again make Word suggest names for new documents when saving them?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Word 2016 Saving and Naming Documents

Post by HansV »

Your entire Office seems messed up. Time to start from scratch.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Your entire Office seems messed up. Time to start from scratch.
Thank you Hans but I did start from scratch and nothing else on this machine is messed up that I have found yet. This is on a brand new computer with Office's first installation on it being Office 365 direct from MS's site. There is little I saw that could be affected by me during the installation. And the fact that Word reacts exactly the same on two machines, I believe, points to something Microsoft changed. In fact, I read articles on the WEB complaining about just this same thing but they had no fix and I was hoping someone here did.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Just discovered that either choosing "more options" from the save screen or choosing "Save As" in the first place works as I want it to.
Regards,
hlewton

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

Off-Topic Rant:

I am of the opinion that Microsoft has escalated its use of customers as beta-testers. This seems apparent from the posts I am seeing on both Word 2016 and on the Mac versions. Apparently they did not learn from their experience with Word 2007 in Windows and have started stripping AutoText functions from Word 2016 on the Mac.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... 70a38b6dd3

This is triggered by what seems to have happened here. While I have Word 2016 installed, I use 2010 or 2013 (and sometimes 2003) because I know what to expect.