CTRL Clk Link in Word Doc - All Get Error Popup

CraigS26
2StarLounger

CTRL Clk Link in Word Doc - All Get Error Popup

Post by CraigS26 »

Win 7-64 Hm Prem \2010 WORD (Hm-Student Office 2010)\ FF 55.0.3-(64) .......... Full URL's saved to a Word .doc use to Open by the traditional CTRL, hold cursor Over URL & See Hand, Clk .... Every attempt produces "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions placed on this computer. See Sys Administrator."

From the FF Forum suggestions I made a Test Profile the "open without asking" default, and No Luck.
Reinstalled FF BUT forgot to Delete the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder after Uninstall, so that was a waste, but it seems the Test Profile attempt was just as good.
Made IE 11 the Default = No Help.

I made FF 64-Bit when I updated to FF 55 and its "new FF architecture" on Aug 10, and am pretty sure this problem occurred BEFORE that Update.

Has anyone read of any Win Updates that may have caused this? NOT Life Threatening but it would be great to solve this.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

HansV
Administrator

Re: CTRL Clk Link in Word Doc - All Get Error Popup

Post by HansV »

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310049/hyperlinks-are-not-working-in-outlook and This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions. Although both articles are primarily for Outlook, the same problem affects Word, Excel etc.
Best wishes,
Hans

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Re: CTRL Clk Link in Word Doc - All Get Error Popup

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Hans. I copied this page's URL to a blank Word page and am typing this as a result of CTRL Clk working again to place me back in the Forum.
It was the MS EasyFix /Fix It Tool Dnload in your 1st Link that corrected things.
My Googling led to many Fix attempts I didn't cover BUT Success is Sweet.
Many Thanks!
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8