Repeat as header row at top of every page isn't working

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Repeat as header row at top of every page isn't working

Post by Diana van den Berg »

How is the following possible and how can I fix it?

On a public computer at the local library, 1 of the computers (and only 1 of 13) has the following problem. When selecting the top row and on Right-click/Table Properties/Row with Repeat as header row at the top of every page ticked, it doesn't repeat the row.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Repeat as header row at top of every page isn't working

Post by HansV »

Make sure that Word is set to Print Layout view. In any other view, such as Draft View or Outline View, "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" doesn't work.
Best wishes,
Hans

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

HansV wrote:Make sure that Word is set to Print Layout view. In any other view, such as Draft View or Outline View, "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" doesn't work.
Thank you for that Hans. However, I suspect that it was on Print Layout view (though I didn't check, not knowing to do so). I also have Word 2010 at home and after reading your reply I changed to all the other views in turn (and noticed that it does work in Full Screen View) and can see that it wasn't on any of the others, as it didn't behave as those ones do. It looked and behaved perfectly normally, as it does on Print Layout view on the library computer except that it didn't work. Is there something else that could possibly have caused it?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

More options to investigate:
  • Right-click the table and select Table Properties from the context menu.
    In the Table tab, make sure that Text Wrapping is set to None. If it is set to Around, header rows will not be repeated.
  • Make sure that the table doesn't contain manual page breaks. You can search for a manual page break by typing ^m in the Find What box of the Find/Replace dialog.
  • Make sure that there isn't another table directly below the table without a non-table paragraph in between.
Best wishes,
Hans

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

HansV wrote:More options to investigate:
  • Right-click the table and select Table Properties from the context menu.
    In the Table tab, make sure that Text Wrapping is set to None. If it is set to Around, header rows will not be repeated.
  • Make sure that the table doesn't contain manual page breaks. You can search for a manual page break by typing ^m in the Find What box of the Find/Replace dialog.
  • Make sure that there isn't another table directly below the table without a non-table paragraph in between.
Aaah, I suspect very strongly that that first solution in this thread is the case - that makes total sense - but thanks for all of them including the first one in a different post too, for future reference.

I suspect that the user of the computer selected Around by mistake, on her way to Table Properties/Row. I will email that solution to her.

I will copy all the solutions to my PC Problems and Solutions Access database.

:chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :cheers: :cheers: (Only 2 beers as you still have to drive home, lol :smile: )