Word 2016 not displaying Acrobat tab in Ribbon

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Word 2016 not displaying Acrobat tab in Ribbon

Post by stuck »

I've been upgraded from Office 2010 (32 bit) to Office 2016 (64 bit) so I'm checking each application is working as expected. First question is about Word 2016 (64 bit)...

If I look in Options | Advanced | Add-Ins I can see that the 'Acrobat PDFmaker Office COM Addin' is located in the 'C:\...Office\x64\' folder and if I choose to 'Manage COM Add-Ins' I can see that the Add-In is listed as available and that it is ticked and that load behaviour is Load at Startup but I despite restarting I don't get the 'Acrobat' tab on the Ribbon.

Any suggestions as to how to reveal that tab?

Thanks,

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Word 2016 not displaying Acrobat tab in Ribbon

Post by StuartR »

Are you sure that PDFMaker works with the 64 bit version of Word? I have Word 2016 32 bit with Windows 64 bit and it all works fine, including the ACROBAT tool bar menu.

Why are you using the 64 bit version of Office? I have heard of many issues with it, and never seen anyone who really needed it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

StuartR wrote:Are you sure that PDFMaker works with the 64 bit version of Word?
No.
StuartR wrote:Why are you using the 64 bit version of Office?
Because our IT people installed it, despite me mentioning that I thought it was likely to break things.

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I would try getting them to remove 64 bit office and install the 32 bit version.

Alternatively you could check to see if there is a patch for your version of Acrobat (Here's a link for a patch for Acrobat X)
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

According to Incompatibilities between Office programs and Adobe Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin, PDFMaker version 11.0.16 and later should work with 64-bit Office 2016.

See Missing Adobe Acrobat tab even when add-in is enabled in Office 2016 apps.

By the way, I would STRONGLY insist on getting 32-bit Office. You're likely to run into all kinds of compatibility problems and very few advantages with the 64-bit version.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

StuartR wrote:I would try getting them to remove 64 bit office and install the 32 bit version...
HansV wrote:By the way, I would STRONGLY insist on getting 32-bit Office...
I did try to get them to install the 32 bit version but they didn't listen. Now that I've got problems they might listen but I'm not holding my breath.
:sigh:

Ken